Other GamesUbisoft Plans To Punish Players Who Exploited The Division Falcon Lost Incursion Boss Glitch

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

Topic author
ANZAC

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:31 am

Uh oh, looks like the players who have taken advantage of The Division’s Falcon Lost Incursion boss glitch are going to be in trouble. Ubisoft has revealed it plans to punish players who’ve taken advantage of the glitch since it’s against their ‘code of conduct’.

Ubisoft’s community manager, Natchai Stappers, has stated that the company is going to punish any player who has knowingly used the exploit found in the game’s first incursion, Falcon Lost.
“Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited,” Stappers wrote in a post on the official forums for The Division.

The punishment might not be severe considering players who have used other glitches in the game have been handed out a 3-day ban and the matter wasn’t pursued further. However, Ubisoft can also wipe a player’s stats completely if they want but that’s quite unlikely to happen.
We can expect, at most, a few days ban for the players, just as a stern warning from its end that repeat offences might result in graver punishment. Ubisoft is also currently working on a fix for the exploit, which it plans to release via a patch soon. However, the company is yet to make official when it plans to release the patch as of now.
It’s definitely a grey area for Ubisoft since players won’t be able to use the exploit unless it was present in-game, which only shows their shortcoming as a developer. Others would argue it at least shows their commitment to keeping the game fair and that they’re willing to punish any player using exploits.

http://fraghero.com/ubisoft-plans-punis ... ss-glitch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sidewinder9x

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:15 am

I hope they make good on keeping the game fair.

Haven't played Falcon yet, just getting there is bad enough alone.

Druzin

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:15 pm

I have very little confidence in their ability to enforce anything resembling "fair". Likely the same 3 day ban they threaten hackers with (ran into a teleporting hacker last night - not as bad as GTA but they are there).

Someone found a different glitch right after their last hotfix so rather than disabling the skill that is the cause of most of these glitches they have now removed the weekly reward from Falcon Lost, thus making it less worth glitchers time to bother with. This also means the people who do it fairly this week don't get the larger "one per week" reward (still the normal drop though I think). And dedicated glitchers can still get normal incursion drops. If their thought is that it won't be worth bothering with for glitchers how can they think the incursion is time well spent for legit folks?

The source of almost every glitch I have seen is "mobile cover". A skill that I have never seen used for anything other than glitching or for laughs (and once for getting out of environment someone gut stuck in rolling away from a grenade). Or sometimes at the top of a ladder or in a doorway in darkzone to trick people into going rogue while chasing rogues. There is enough natural cover that they could remove the skill and most (that don't glitch) wouldn't even notice. But instead they nerf the rewards for everyone...poor choice imo.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I'm gonna continue playing and am down for Falcon Lost if interested. I just don't have any confidence in Ubi decision making. I also have no illusions about ever being able to catch up to folks that glitched the heck out of things, or the folks that were hardcode enough to be able to buy the best guns before they went out of rotation, or farmed things like the 4-gold drops from challenge missions (later changed to 1) or phoenix credit bonanzas (DZ bosses used to drop 15+ instead of 1 or 2), etc. Ubi has a knee-jerk balancing policy that kind of goes "oh shit players are getting too much good shit too fast (even without glitches). We better make it harder for everyone coming after them". Hence the major imbalances in dark zone.

sidewinder9x

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:10 pm

Maybe that's why I quit playing Watch Dogs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information