Other GamesPublic Beta

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

Carbon14

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:24 pm

Thanks DirtyKurt ... gave myself a kick-ass system and got my key.
(will they deliver that rig or do I have to pick it up? :P )

CB14
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
Those that understand binary, and those that don't

KungfuBeer

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:47 pm

Im on MyInternetServices.com Texas Server #026

pigpen65

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:40 am

I was reading some forum comments on it, and the beta is getting torn apart by a lot of people. Of course, most people hated (and still hate) BF2 when it first came out, so it really doesn't mean much.

PeaceBringer

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:31 am

The next batch of beta keys were released today on fileplanet. I am downloading now.

Peace

maclactle

Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:38 pm

I got my key and downloading the game now.

Anonymous

Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:27 pm

I am very jealous right now. very.

someone give me their key?

DakotaDoc64

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Downloading on the second (beta) round also. I hope I like it as I already pre-ordered?!?!?!

Strange they had no option for NVIDIA 8800 with 640MB. But they did for 8800 512MB that does not exist....But who said they where hardware geniuses anyway.

Zenbob

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:08 pm

Got the beta installed yesterday. I would say its a pretty early beta as quality goes. There are lots of reports of problems on the beta forums. The biggest issue I had was extreme graphics and mouse lag due to having a dual monitor configuration. Apparently its an nVidia driver issue and changing the configuration back to single monitor fixed it.

It still doesn't feel very smooth on my 8800GTS OC with 640MB RAM, Core 2 Extreme and 2GB fast memory. DANG! I'm sure it will improve, but don't think the beta is the best benchmark.
~~ Find me on Origin - user name Zenbob ~~

DakotaDoc64

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:07 am

Zenbob wrote:Got the beta installed yesterday. I would say its a pretty early beta as quality goes. There are lots of reports of problems on the beta forums. The biggest issue I had was extreme graphics and mouse lag due to having a dual monitor configuration. Apparently its an nVidia driver issue and changing the configuration back to single monitor fixed it.

It still doesn't feel very smooth on my 8800GTS OC with 640MB RAM, Core 2 Extreme and 2GB fast memory. DANG! I'm sure it will improve, but don't think the beta is the best benchmark.

I would agree, now that I played it for a short time, I am not that impressed. When in a vehicle of any type, the movement is very jittery, the sound effects and graphical effects are poor. when out of a vehicle the soldier movements are smooth, the weapons are cool, and those effects and sounds are much better..... but the game just does not feel imersive like BattleField does.

And I have an BFG 8800GTS OC2, it is not my system that is responsible for the jittery movement. I was running the graphics on the highest available, and getting around 60 to 80 fps.

My 2 cents.

Anonymous

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:45 pm

i am really jealous that you guys have gotten a chance to play this game.......JEALLLY!!!...........im eagerly awaiting my key, also, the release date was pushed back to august 3rd, my pre order was cancelled by BEST BUY.....just an update of what my life is all about...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information