Other GamesET Quake Wars Demo

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

Major_Slash

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:21 am

grizlam wrote:Its an ok game but I'm not so sure that I'll buy the full version. I think I'll wait for COD4 or Crysis.

I agree. Its ok, but IMO it's not worth $50 :x if thats what they are asking for. I'll wait till it's @ $19.99

Maximum89

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Just started playing it yesturday night with someone on ts, can't remember who but i like the game alot even with the icarus bunnyhoping. Ive gotten good at headshoting the driver with the scoped machine gun. Can't wait for the full version.

Anonymous

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:54 pm

i know what u mean Grizlam... its ok of a future game but i think BF2142 is bettter....i sure would like to see what Crysis would be about ...it loooks goood though 8)

piratecoastbucs

Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:24 pm

Just played the ET demo and I am not impressed at all. For an obvious BF2 clone that had 2 years of technical advancements to show up BF2 you would think that BF2 came out 2 years after ETQW. The comm scheme takes you too much out of your game to make it worth the time, the sniper rifle knocks you off your shot by 45 degrees so you forget where you were even aiming, you can't steal the other sides vehicles, there is no clear objective (i.e. what do you capture, destroy, etc...). You get dropped into the same area where you were just killed and you are very likely to just get killed again. You cannot easily switch from driver to gunner or vice versa, I couldn't even figure out how to do it. My assault rifle blew up a tank with just over one clips worth of rounds and the graphics are not very impressive at all. Personally, it is a hell of a lot of hype for a game that reminds us why BF2 and 2142BF are still the best, and it looks to be that way for a long time to come. And the roles make absolutely no sense at all. The sniper is supposed to be the guy that goes in close and hacks? The assault is the demo guy and the heavy weapons? I hope the L@W servers don't turn into a ghost town when it is released in full cuz I will be playing BF2 and not ETQW. All in all, they tried to hard to be just like BF2 but at the same time tried to stay away from it. Its awkward to say the least. I won't even consider ETQW until they have a deluxe edition that drops to $20.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information