Other GamesET Quake Wars Demo

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

pigpen65

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:51 am

maclactle wrote:For assistance with ETQW check out this site:

http://4newbies.planetwolfenstein.gamespy.com/ETQW/

I found it very useful.

Thanks Maclactle, but i seriously must be stupid or something. I read the "missions" page and i still have absolutely no idea how any of these missions are accomplished. I guess there is a map or icon tab i must be missing in game that points you to what you are supposed to blow up, or what you are supposed to fix.

Anonymous

Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:37 am

I know how feel pigpen, same here also. I'm still trying to figure what weapons do what and what key strokes do what, man that tank is sure hard to drive, its all sensitive, but somehow all get it, hopefully :oops:

J232

Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:30 am

Keyed mine so its all the same as bf2

Those stupid things that strap on the back take bunnyhopping to a new level. Not to wild about the game myself after a hour of play. Will have to try it more.

Topic author
gi.joe

Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:06 pm

It's better when you're in there with some of your gaming buddies.

PeaceBringer and I played for about an hour last night. We had some good times. My score was better than when I played alone.

J232

Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Our server was full so I was on some other server

[Oink]Tank

Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:49 pm

I played some more this afternoon and figured out how to deploy and use the artillery :shock: :shock:

I LOVE THE HAMMER MISSILE!!!!! I blew up one of the enemy's anti personel turrets and 5 guys with it with one shot. It is like the SCUD from Desert Combat. HUGE blast radius, I LOVE IT.

I also found out there are squads, they just call them "Fire Teams."

I also found the voice commands, with some help from one of the players. So you can give commands to your fire team and spot out enemy stuff.

It's getting better but I still have to rebind a few keys to match BF2 as close as possible.

Still can't figure out how to get the bunny hopper to launch up in the air :16:
Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.

Blackwater

Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Do you lose your rank when you quit the game?
"In God we trust, all others are suspects."

grizlam

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:16 pm

Blackwater wrote:Do you lose your rank when you quit the game?

From what I've noticed, it goes 2 or 3 rounds and then the ranks reset to zero. As for the Icarus(bunny hopping machine) push shift to boost into the air. That is one part of the game I dont really care for, bunny hopping and spamming storybombs(i think thats what they are called)

I played it for about 5 hours yesterday and became comforatble with the controls. Not an expert but just enough to know what and how to complete the missions. I got a few good shots at Joe and Peace in the Strogg airship. :D Its an ok game but I'm not so sure that I'll buy the full version. I think I'll wait for COD4 or Crysis.

It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln

[Oink]Tank

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:26 pm

I sure hope they let you turn FF off for your server. I just got kicked for "Too many complaints" becuase my teammates ignore the warning and run right into my HAMMER (arty for you non quakers) and then punish me (complaint).

The server's computer voice gives anyone in the blast radius a warning to get out.....but they don't.

I have played about 6 hours now and I am not sure about it.
Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.

Topic author
gi.joe

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:43 pm

We will be tweaking the configuration over the next couple of days. I hope to turn FF off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information