Origin GamesBattlefield 1: October 18

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Cybex

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Ya, it happens all the time :electricshock:
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

PanchoVillauno

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Hello gentlemen, been awhile. Some of you may know me or not. I played with guys over the past years and had good times, hope all is well you fellas. ANY how I have been playing BF1 and so far I like it just hate the ea servers and softcore mode, can't wait till hardcore is released. You guys planning on getting a server? Some of you I have on Origin, if you would like to add me to your friends it's Panchovillauno, it's been like that since BF2 days..lol....Take care dudes.

Cybex

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:25 pm

Hey Pancho, what's been going on? Four or five of us have BF1 now and a few are waiting for Black Friday. The soft-core version does suck, but the game seems to be well made so far. Staying alive is the hard part. We haven't discussed a server for the game, it's a little to early since only a few of us have the game at this point. When everyone gets the game and if they all like it I'm sure we'll talk about a server. Thanks for stopping by and inquiring about it. Maybe we'll see you in game.
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

sidewinder9x

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:22 pm

Here is information from EA Forums concerning the rental of servers"

"
Hello Battlefield Community,

We’d like to share a bit more information about the Rental Server program, coming this November.
As you know, Rental Servers for PS4 and Xbox One have gone through EA. Now with PC Rental Servers also going through EA, there’s quite a lot of questions. Let’s answer some now:

How much will it cost?

PC

1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE

1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99

When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

What types of features can I expect?
The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.
Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE
Braddock512

October 19, 2016 4:20PM
UPDATE 1:

What types of features can I expect?
Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:

ticket count
bullet damage
modes
weapons
maps

More info to come!
-Braddock512-

October 28, 2016 8:11PM edited October 28
Update 2:

Additional features you can enable/disable in rented servers:

• Kill Cam
• Minimap
• Friendly Fire
• 3D Spotting
• Fog

More to come!

-Braddock512-

October 31, 2016 6:24PM
UPDATE 3:

Will there be RCON or PROCON tools?

We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customization. However, the new RSP servers will not support 3rd party tools like RCON or ProCON. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.

Why are the prices different for PC and console?

PC servers will be running at 60Hz, with console servers running at 30Hz. Pricing has been adjusted accordingly. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.

Are the prices for servers affected by slot-size?

Server rental prices are not set by slot-size, but the slot-size will vary depending on the mode chosen in the rotation. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.

More details to come.

The Teams at EA/DICE"

Added in 5 minutes 19 seconds:
If we were to rent one say for 6 months it would cost the five who current play the game $30.00 per month; If parties are interested and of course others who are members may buy in to it.

Maybe build back up to attract other players BUT, set server up to take care of kicking, etc.. similar to ones' we have played on so we don't go down the crazy rabbit hole of admining again.

Thoughts?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information