Steam GamesHunt: Showdown

Discussion about games available on Steam

Moderhinke

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:31 am

I've watched for a few minutes on Twitch. Looks interesting.
“Go home 2018, you're drunk!”

Cybex

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:34 pm

You can get it at Greenman Gaming for $23.99 if you use this Code "TRYTHESE20". I don't know how long it's good for.
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:09 am

The code is dead.

Moderhinke

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Strange thing is, I got the same email with the code stating that the "TRYTHESE20" discount is valid until 03/02 and Hunt - Showdown was listed as one of the 20% off games.

Oh well...

That being said, I watched some streamer over lunch today play a round and actually describe what was going on and it looked pretty interesting. Not sure about long-term since it is only one map (so far?). I might get it regardless.

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:20 pm

You can contact GMG support and they will generate another code for you. Just tell them the code they emailed you does not work, I've done it a few times, 100% every time.

Bojac

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 pm

Josh (Green Man Gaming)
Feb 27, 22:25 GMT
Hello bojac_,

I'm afraid this voucher has ended early and is subject to the same terms and conditions as all vouchers, you can find a copy of this below:
Terms & Conditions

1. VOUCHERS, CREDITS, OFFERS AND GAME GIFTS
• Unless otherwise specified, vouchers will work one time only per customer, although multiple products may, in some cases, be purchased using a single voucher.
• During a promotion where GMGL publishes a voucher for Games, certain titles and platforms may not be included in the offer.
• GMGL reserves the right to remove, edit or expire any voucher at any point.
• GMG Credit (which may be awarded to you without charge at our discretion) will expire if not used within 12 months. GMGL reserve the right to expire GMG Credit at any time and will notify you prior to the expiry date.

I am very sorry, let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Kind regards,
Josh
Green Man Gaming
Customer Service

Moderhinke

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 am

I only got a chance to play a few rounds with some randoms. Still lots of fun. Really like it so far. I found a few cool tips on the steam forums:
Generators are used to light up specific areas (not so useful in daytime but the sound of the generator can be a great distraction).

Windows and doors can be destroyed using melee attacks. The axes and sledgehammers you can pick up will destroy doors in one hit, even barricaded ones.

Speaking of doors, shooting a door can cause it to swing open. On top of this, if you sprint at a door with a charged melee, you will open it much faster and are able to essentially run into a room without waiting for it to fully open.

Doors with a plank near them can be barricaded.

Doors open quieter if you open them whilst crouching.

Any lanterns on the map that you can turn on and off (not ones you can pick up) can be shot and will explode, having the same effect a firebomb does. This works really well with lanterns that are suspended, as they will fall and damage anyone underneath.

If you melee an armored zombie in the legs, it will break their leg armor off, causing them to charge at you much slower.

Red barrels explode when shot, and yellow barrels burst on fire when shot.

Flares can be put out by being melee’d or shot.

The dogs inside the kennels can be shot and killed, but not melee’d.

You can climb inside chicken kennels!

Firebombs will kill crows (Still makes noise but interesting).

Crouching through any hanging chains or broken glass/cans will produce little to no noise.
At a resupply point, nobody can take ammo from a box that has already been opened.

You can catch a downed player on fire to prevent them from being revived.

There is a small amount of bullet penetration in the game, meaning you can shoot enemies through wood and sheet metal.

When hives are killed their locusts will die as well.

You can use first aid kits to heal your partner.
Also:
* In-game voice chat is proximity based.
* (Dying) horses neighing also indicate nearby players.
* You can extract at any given point in time even if you haven't banished the monster. This might give you still in-game money if you found one or more clues
* If you can't afford a hunter due to insufficient funds even after you sell all your stuff, you will get access to free level Zero hunters (haven't tried that yet but read about it).

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:22 am

Bojac wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 pm
I'm afraid this voucher has ended early
Whoa. There is a first time for everything. It says it ended early, that is the reason I guess. They must have sold out of the promotion keys.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information