Technical Information/Support RequestsTwitch warns users of possible data breach

Just as the title says

Moderator: Members

Topic author
Cybex

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:16 am

Twitch is warning users of its streaming video service that it may have been compromised, potentially exposing data such as names and email addresses.

In a blog post published Monday, Twitch says there may have been "unauthorized access" to account information, but would not specify how many accounts might be impacted.

As a precaution, the company says it is expiring passwords -- which means users must create a new one once they log in -- and disconnected accounts from Twitter and YouTube. It's also urging users to change credentials at other sites where a similar password was used.

Among data potentially exposed by the incident, according to an email sent to users: names, email addresses and the last IP address users logged in from. Twitch says if users provided other info such as addresses and dates of birth, those may have been exposed, too.

Twitch surged in popularity in 2013 with the arrivals of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One video game consoles, as simple streaming controls made it easier for players to share their video game exploits with the world

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2015/03/24/twitch-warning-breach/70366310/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-techtopstories
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Moderhinke

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:19 am

Yep. I also got an email from them last night... Luckily I did not associate my account with my Facebook, twitter, etc. Bastards!
“Go home 2018, you're drunk!”

Frogman

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:19 am

Great!

Topic author
Cybex

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:26 am

If I'm not mistaken the same thing happened last year.
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information