Origin GamesNew BF3 Details

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
DakotaDoc64

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 am

Now we know that BF3 will have prone, and 64 player servers. Of course JETS!!! :9:

Some more information just came out.

Some more details about Battlefield 3 came out today as well as some information on the limited edition.

Retailer Pre-order
Amazon, Gamestop, and the EA store all have their pre-order pages up for the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 version of Battlefield 3. The description and product features reveals some other new things about the game such as being able to drag your fallen teammates to safety, and being able to mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain.

Another online retailer Webhallen posted a similar expanded description seen below.

Feel The Battle! This fall, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite 2 gaming engine.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next installment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Features:

Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
Battlefield 3 Limited Edition
Users on the EA UK Forums discovered what appears to be a promo image for the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition. The contents of the limited edition are suppose to be revealed "late February", but leaked out. According to the image, which is hosted on Digital River (e-commerce company used by the EA Store), the limited edition will have contain an expansion pack for Battlefield 3. The "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" expansion will have 4 remastered maps from Battlefield 2. If you don't grab the limited edition you can buy the expansion pack 1 month after the release of Battlefield 3.

This themed expansion pack features four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements / trophies, and more. For those who don't pre-order to secure the limited edition, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion content will be available for purchase approximately one month after the game's release.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fm ... bgr_EN.jpg

Again, here is the official teaser video.

[youtube]9V-lCGf3b_0[/youtube]

Topic author
DakotaDoc64

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am

BF3 Iphone wall paper can be found here. Made by one of the developers.
Also works with the Android. :39:

Good night, Posterous

MissileChicago

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:24 am

Thanks Doc! Very exciting.

Flipper

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:49 am

Yes it is. Remember also, this will utilize the full Frostbite 2.0 engine, not just aspects of it as in BFBC2. I also read back a few months ago this game will utilize DX11 features/architecture far deeper than BFBC2 currently does. So if ya got a few extra dollars and want a little more eye candy, buy your DX11 capable card for this game.

For those still using Win XP, I do believe this game wont function with that OS (not fully confirmed yet). Not to mention XP only allows DX9, and nothing higher so that may be the reasob. So plan on ditching XP in the near future if it's a DX10/11 game only.

DirtyKurt

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:33 am

wall paper set...thanks doc. new parts for the computer are running crazy in my head.

Anonymous

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:20 am

Great wallpaper. Thanks Doc. I wonder when the limited edition pre-sales are going to start.
Doc - Sandy Bridge and dual 580s this fall? :D

Topic author
DakotaDoc64

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:36 am

tamvegas4 wrote:Great wallpaper. Thanks Doc. I wonder when the limited edition pre-sales are going to start.
Doc - Sandy Bridge and dual 580s this fall? :D

That is actually the DVD case art. But it does work as a desktop wallpaper if centered. Possibly a better one will appear. Or we can get Missile to create a LegionAtWar version with elements from the DVD cover. :wink:

Click the below link for the full DVD cover file. I put it up on our webserver.

BF3 DVD art from Game Informer

FYI: Game Informer is a gaming magazine, they concentrate too much on games I would never be interested. But they are just covering all gaming.
http://www.gameinformer.com/

I just saw this Tweet from Demize99
Senior game play designer for DICE.
You don't kill COD by trying to be COD. You kill COD by making a better shooter. #BF3

MissileChicago

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am

Already ahead of you Doc. ;) I hope to have something tomorrow.
"In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'." - Carl Spackler

Anonymous

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:14 pm

The "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" expansion will have 4 remastered maps from Battlefield 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KARKAND!!!!

Dude, Now I am excited!!!

Anonymous

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Guess I'll start saving now for GPU's...I'm still running the GTX 295, can't use DX11 without a new card. I was reading just yesterday that they are already working on 28nm GPU's for possible release later this year.

Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information