Images and VideosTitan X vs. 1080 ti

Images and Videos

Moderator: Members

Forum rules
If there is already a thread or category that fits your post, please post it there instead.

Topic author
Bojac

Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:00 pm

The subject came up and I thought I would post a video that gives a simple comparison. I make no claims myself, the tester indicates that the 1080 ti is slightly faster at about half the price.
"If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world." 1 John 2:15-16

KungfuBeer

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:02 pm

I don't doubt it. The Titan is a few years old now.

Topic author
Bojac

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:05 am

KungfuBeer wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:02 pm
I don't doubt it. The Titan is a few years old now.
Frogman was talking about upgrading his video card with plans to buy a Titan X. I recall reading an article that compared the Titan X and the 1080 Ti. They reported that the 1080 was "superior". Again, I have no technical knowledge and only did some reading about the comparison. At today's prices you could get two 1080 Ti's for the price of one Titan X.

I'm itching to upgrade my system but my dual 970's are faster than a Titan X and almost as fast as a 1080 (see video below). I love maximum performance and pushing the needle but logic and practicality win the day. I'll revisit the idea when my will power is a little weaker.
"If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world." 1 John 2:15-16

Topic author
Bojac

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Yeah, I think I would like to upgrade my cpu and memory which would prompt a motherboard upgrade as well. About the only thing I would be keeping would be my SSD.

Druzin

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Not far behind you on the CPU memory prompting mobo upgrade Bojoc. CPU too weak for BF1. But not upgrading for a battlefield game. But it is coming. Something on the horizon is going to drive me to update.

Moderhinke

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:39 am

What kind of CPUs are you guys looking to upgrade from?
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

Topic author
Bojac

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:14 am

I've got a Intel i7 4790 processor

I can't remember the speed of my RAM but I have 16 gig

Moderhinke

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 am

From a pure bang-for-the-buck standpoint, I doubt a full system (CPU, motherboard and memory) upgrade would do much in terms of performance gain for you. Your CPU should not bottleneck your GPU(s) for any current game I think.

Have you checked that? Look at the GPU and CPU load when gaming. 16 GB of memory should also be enough. I'd go with a 1080 Ti (which should cost you about $200 when selling your 2 970s).

If you have no budget constraints though, go wild! Building a brand new PC from scratch is exciting. :)
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

Topic author
Bojac

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:54 am

How would I check for the bottle neck? I have the budget but I do not like wasting money. Most of my interest is want and not need. Maybe I should test the system I have and see how much I do not need a new system.

It's hard to resist the cool new things.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information