Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:12 pm

And Druzin

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Druzin wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:12 pm
And Druzin
I don't know if you know about MechWarrior Online via Steam. Bojac played it alot, its 1st person though.

Druzin

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:58 pm

I thought about playing MWO but never had enough time for it to move up list above something else I was playing. I used to play old MechWarrior games back in the day but there are others like it out there still. What I am hoping this fills is the void left by Front Mission when Front mission went from deep tactical turn based to mediocre 3rd person shooter (and promptly bombed and killed the series). This Battletech is by same folks that did Shadowrun games on steam, which were good but kinda short/linear. Looks like it should have some of the customization I miss from games like Front Mission though. Maybe. Hopefully. We shall see.

Also I guess Battletech and MechWarrior share a common history in some of the original creators. I know one has sued the other multiple times over the years due to common themes/styles (and lost?) and I always had the impression they are different variations of the same fictional universe. But I've never cared enough about the tabletop/board game originals it all started with to look into the details. I just know there is drama that has derailed more than one computer game over the years and some of the die hard fans are hostile to the idea of one or the other...

Edit: Correction. Battletech and Robotech/Macross overlap. Not MechWarrior. But whatever. Some other series that are mad at each other...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information