Origin GamesBase Raping

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
PHX-Data

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:03 pm

Im not against base raping, but couldnt base raping only be allowed if the raping team has all control points?

J232

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:42 pm

na

:lol:

R.J.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 pm

The option to enter bases at anytime is what makes this place great and unique. Not having to worry about ridiculous rules results in an enjoyable experience and the freedom to utilize any strategy you wish. I can't tell you how frustrating it is not being able to follow your enemy into
"restricted" areas and then be kicked or harassed for playing the game as designed.
Even the best of us get the smackdown occasionally but it's my belief you and your teammates are the ones to ultimately alter the outcome not a rulechange requiring 24/7 policing.
Try and sqaud up with people who want to work collectively.

R.J.

Edited for speeling
Last edited by R.J. on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unmanifest

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 pm

What's the point of this rule? If a team want's to base rape with only a few control points more power to them :twisted: Hopefully the other team is willing to take advantage of this and cap the map :!: While base raping can be painful (even more so when they control the map :cry: ) its all part of the real battlefield where the only true constant is a changing stratagy to cope with the unpredictability of your foe :idea:

Geo_Patton

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:51 pm

Man, I feel the pain. I have been on the raw end of a base rape more times than I can count. But after a few rounds, your team gets on the other side and it feels good! :twisted:

It evens out in the long run. Makes it more realistic (as any game can be) too.

J232

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 pm

I must say... nothing make me giggle like a little school girl more then making peoples BF2 time as horible as possible by sitting in a base and I also said in the past base rape gets rid of the cry babys and leaves us with the type of guys that can dish it out as well as take it without complaining which is what we want in our servers.

gi.joe

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 pm

Legion at War was founded on the principal that base raping is a natural state of war...we embrace it, we love it, we live for it :D

"Attack any base, any time" was our first commandment. We should have phrased it "thou shall attack any base at any time", along with "thou shall murder thy enemy using any means, including c4-jeeps and ramming", and my favorite "thou shall steal thy enemy’s vehicles and then punish them severely for their complacency."

I’m sorry to give you a hard time on this, but in truth, PeaceBringer and I founded this clan because we were tired of playing on servers that had those kinds of rules. We wanted to create a community where we could play the game and not worry about which base got attacked (and in which order). Besides, base raping is fun!!!

J232

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:56 pm

Unmanifest wrote:What's the point of this rule? If a team want's to base rape with only a few control points more power to them

On that note even with few control points, keeping the choppers/jets down by raping a main helps the team out alot if the use the time to cap flags. You cant cap a flag with jeebs going in circles above you...

R.J.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:00 pm

J232 wrote:I must say... nothing make me giggle like a little school girl more then making peoples BF2 time as horible as possible by sitting in a base and I also said in the past base rape gets rid of the cry babys and leaves us with the type of guys that can dish it out as well as take it without complaining which is what we want in our servers.

Jeebs, Cable, Velez, Yogi, and I gave a three star general a purple heart last night among others on Harvest. It was a fun round but kind of respect them for sticking it out until the end. One player went 10-49!

R.J.

J232

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:03 pm

we gotta give jeebs his 1st purple heart :twisted:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information