General Information/DiscussionsFriendly scrimmage against R2?

General Info for everyone

Topic author
R2Namru9

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:30 am

Hey guys, thanks for letting me come by and take up some of your time. I was just wondering how active you are BF2 still. And/or would like to challenge you to a friendly scrimmage match against us at Raging Rebels(http://www.r2clan.com). Just a thought so let me know what you think.

J232

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:40 am

Hey there

Glad you found our forums, we are very active with BF2. I'm sure we can whip together a scrim, what did you have in mind? 8 vs 8 or 10 vs 10, IO, Maps? Guess we better figure a date and time so we can get some guys together. Thursdays work good for most of us. Fridays, sat and Sundays are usually a lot of guys family times around here so a weekday will work better. I see you have a few servers as well, we also have 1 unranked scrim server for such events. The mod will determine how many we can get but we do run Dcon, POE, SF, AF, EF as well as 2142 and 2142 NS. We do have a few other mods but offhand I can't name them. PR is not a big hit here ( I see you are running a PR server )
Past scrims we end up doing 8v8 or 10v10 IO on crapcan or jalalalabad 16 or 32 size maps.

Topic author
R2Namru9

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:54 am

Yeah, generally we've been trying to get as many members in at one time. Usually around 16v16 on 32 player maps. We keep it just general pub style play because that is what most of us enjoy, IO for some reason gives people bad flash backs of the "nade spamming bunny hopping" days we had on TWL. The usual stuff applies, we like friendly fire on but mines and claymores off. Spec Ops in the uncaps only, and only to destroy assets. 2 rounds of 2 maps, total ticket count to win. Most of all, get 2 good clans together just to have a good time gaming.

Usually we have been doing weekends because a few hours in the evening seem not to piss of the wives and what not, but if a weekday works best, I'm sure we can fit it in. More details can be worked out, I was more just wanting to get a feel of if you are interested. Maybe we can set this up for about 2 weeks out, gives everyone a week to gather troops and a week to figure the odds and ends out.

My x-fire is r2namru9 if that is easier to keep in touch, or I will just keep checking out the posts.

Indians

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 pm

I'm out; too many rules for me "Spec Ops in the uncaps only, and only to destroy assets". :P

Topic author
R2Namru9

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Indians wrote:I'm out; too many rules for me "Spec Ops in the uncaps only, and only to destroy assets". :P

That is just how scrims for us have been. Would it make it easier if we just said no killing in the uncaps until you have all flags?

gi.joe

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:34 pm

R2Namru9,

Our troops are used to our "any base, any time" approach to gaming. Our only rules are: no verbal abuse, no team killing, and that's about it.

WarmachineX

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 am

Hoorah! :2: ... :shock: ...:4: BooM!!!!!! enough said 8)
"A WARRIOR BORN, CARVED OF THE HARDEST STONE AND ANIMATED BY THE BLOOD OF THE SPARTANS"

Topic author
R2Namru9

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 am

gi.joe wrote:R2Namru9,

Our troops are used to our "any base, any time" approach to gaming. Our only rules are: no verbal abuse, no team killing, and that's about it.

Thats understandable, we just make it sporting by allowing them to think they are in the clear. I'm not worried about it and neither are the guys really. 2 reasons being we don't expect to be pushed back or stuck in our base, and if we were really worried we'd just pick Mashtuur for our map.

Topic author
R2Namru9

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Hey, none of my guys seem concerned, so we can lift the unap rules and let you rape to your hearts content. If you aren't too busy trying to beat us out of your back flags that is.

Indians

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:16 pm

R2Namru9 wrote:Hey, none of my guys seem concerned, so we can lift the unap rules and let you rape to your hearts content. If you aren't too busy trying to beat us out of your back flags that is.
I was just kidding about the spec ops, but I played a SF server where you couldn't go over the palace walls on Warlord. I didn't stay long.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information