Other GamesCod 4 Patch or virus somthing?

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

Topic author
B4rules55

Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:52 am

i just downloaded the new 1.7 patch and i went into kill house and i keep gettin a popup from my virus scan saying i have a virus right i after i just downloaded a new patch i don't know if it was from the patch or from when i was on the server but know i i'm lost an can't figured out what it came from and why i got it from just updating my cod4 i'm really upset if somone can help please do !!!

R2Namru9

Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Well you might be lucky if it is what I think it is. Alot of people I know were having issues with getting kicked by PB due to a PBsvc not being able to communicate with the PB server. Ended up being that AV programs and firewalls were blocking something they changed in the PBsvc with the new patch. So I would assume that is your case and instead of your AV just blocking or deleting it, it is just notifying you of it.

DakotaDoc64

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:17 pm

R2Namru9 wrote:Well you might be lucky if it is what I think it is. Alot of people I know were having issues with getting kicked by PB due to a PBsvc not being able to communicate with the PB server. Ended up being that AV programs and firewalls were blocking something they changed in the PBsvc with the new patch. So I would assume that is your case and instead of your AV just blocking or deleting it, it is just notifying you of it.

True, true.

MissileChicago

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:20 pm

I had a similar issue after I patched. Make sure your Anti virus and Firewall allow the Punkbuster A & B EXE's to run. You may have to restart your machine after.
"In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'." - Carl Spackler

Topic author
B4rules55

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:12 pm

i ran virus scan and hadrive boots all kinds of junk........lol i also did a update to punkbuster and i think i fixed for know. i hope !! :6:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information